Monday, July 16, 2012

lazy mornings


The holidays have been very refreshing and relaxing ones for us. I love it that we can sleep in without a worry about having to start school early. And then waking up after a pleasant sleep at eight thirty in the morning, grabbing a cup of tea and to snuggle in the armchair with a good book and read read read until the morning is almost over!



 I've found that there are so many little blessings in my life that I wouldn't usually notice in my everyday busy life. Yesterday I was in that same armchair and I was reading that good book I was talking about, and I looked out the window to see my little three year old sister walking hand in hand with Mum around the backyard. She was chatting away about all these little things to Mum, asking questions, exclaiming that she saw a kangaroo hopping away in the paddock, just chatting away in her high pitched voice not caring about anything but telling her Mummy this and that about her day. I just sat there and smiled, soaking in that moment that is not going to be there forever. I thought what lovely little blessings God has given us! :)

A few evenings ago around five o'clock I felt a sudden urge to take a little 'stroll' you could say down in the paddock. The dam next door caught my attention at first, it looked so peaceful and still with the twilight sky upon it, with the willow trees on it's bank swaying gently with the breeze. Then the sky caught my attention, for a just a minute ago it have been all normal but now the sky was filled with beautiful pink clouds and the sun was setting on the other side. I just stood there and thought: Oh how I love it here.

 / lazy mornings / pretty sunsets / new surroundings / little sisters / tea parties / books / little blessings / sunny days / tintin comics / letters / my family / baking / They all just about sum up what I'm loving at the moment. 

What have you enjoyed doing these holidays?

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so lovely. I've enjoyed spening time with my family, baking new treats, and the beautiful sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Laura - I think taht the colours in the second one are just beautiful!! I just love it whenever I can steal a moment to visit your gorgeous blog - it is so refreshing and you have a real talent with weaving words together. Thanks for the sweet comment that you left on my blog - it really encourages me to know that enjoy my posts - whenever I can force myself to write them!!
    Love you heaps,
    Chloe
    P.S. we are sending up some letters soon...ish!! xox

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts, x